--

--

---------------------

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Answer Me This: Ice Cream Edition



I'm playing along with Kendra from Catholic All Year again.  And it looks like this will be the last week for awhile; she just had a baby girl.  If you're into birthing stories, hers is pretty fun to read because she ACCIDENTALLY HAD THE BABY AT HOME.

So, here's getting to know me better than you'd like.

1. What's your favorite grocery store splurge?

I'm a pretty frugal person when it comes to groceries.  I shop at Aldi and clip coupons for everything else.  Recently, Amber's been asking for Annie's Organic shells and white cheddar macaroni and cheese.  Come on, $2.42 for a box that serves 3 people.

 Lucky for her, I found a similar item at Aldi:  Simply Nature Organic shells and white cheddar and it's only $1.39/box.  Is that a splurge?  In my book, yes!

2. How's your penmanship?

Remember the grading system in grade school.

E = Excellent
G = Good
S = Satisfactory
N = Needs Improvement
U = Unsatisfactory

I'm pretty sure I got an "S" in penmanship many years in a row.

3. Do you have a "Summer Bucket List?"

Not a list on paper titled "Summer Bucket List", but we do talk privately about summer plans and then put a few things on the calendar before it fills up with all the other to do's.  This summer we wanted to go to a Rafter's Baseball game (check), tubing/kneeboarding (check), fishing on Lake Arrowhead (check), stand-up paddle board (check) and a big bike ride (still thinking on that one and trying to figure out bikes/carriers for all 9 of us).  In past years we wrote our ideas on a sticky note and stuck it to the fridge calendar.  It kept us on track and doing all the things we had set out to do that summer.  I'm not sure why we stopped that method because it worked well.  I'd even catch kids adding ideas to the sticky note.

4. What's the best thing on the radio right now?

Talk radio.  I love it.  Relevant Radio, WFHR, Rush (in small doses), Dave Ramsey, a little bit of Bob and Tom when they're not too crude.

5. Ice cream or frozen yogurt?

Definitely ice cream.  Soft serve chocolate.  Hand dipped mint chocolate chip, butter pecan, turtle praline, peanut butter cup.  I really like chunks in ice cream.  I have nothing against frozen yogurt, I've just never gotten into it.

For more answers from random bloggers please check out Kendra's blog and link-up.