--

--

---------------------

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Answer Me This: Superhero Edition

                         

Kendra at Catholic All Year has this fun little game where she asks random questions and then answers them herself before letting her readers answer them.  Since I've recently revisited my blogging, I thought I'd play along.  For her answers to her random questions check out her blog.  If you want to read my answers, well keep reading and if you want to read random answers from random bloggers follow the links at Kendra's blog.

Here's to getting to know me better than you'd like.

1. What's currently on your To Do list?

There's always the typical:  pick-up stuff around the house, tame the laundry monster, make food in large quantities.  Other than that, today I need to find old sheets to cover my garden, vacuum the sand out of the van, water flowers, vacuum hallway and my bedroom, make treat for Baseball players.

2. Better type of superhero: magic/radioactive powers? Or trauma/gadgets/hard work?

If given a test to match superhero pictures with their names I could probably do all right.  Their power?  Their rival?  My knowledge doesn't go that deep.  So I'd have to say hard work because it always pays off in the end.

3. Finding out if baby is a boy or a girl before birth: Good idea? Bad idea?

I really do like the element of surprise.  We didn't know with our first.  Like Kendra, I enjoy the old-fashioned delivery room announcement of "It's a boy" or "It's a girl".  However, with each consecutive baby we knew the gender.  I have a blood antigen issue so we have multiple ultrasounds and even for the lay person it's pretty obvious at 37 weeks if it's a boy or girl.  With some of the babies we got gender confirmation from our doctor, one we didn't want to know but the doctor slipped up and used the gender appropriate pronoun, and with a couple of them we self-determined and were right.

4. Have you ever appeared on a stadium jumbotron?

Simply put.....NO!  But, Sam is reading over my shoulder and he just told me about the time he was on the Jumbotron at Monster Jam.

5. Are you more book smart or more street smart?

It depends on the situation.  I think I've always had more book smarts than street smarts.  And with homeschooling, it's like getting a refresher course every year.  I've now learned Wisconsin history 5 times.  Once when I was in 4th grade and another 4 times with my kids.  And guess what?  I get to do it 3 more times, but it'll be a while.  Algebra 1 and 2?  Done that multiple times, too.  Like I said new refresher courses every year.

Street smarts have obviously come with age, experience and wisdom.  The more one has to attend to emergency situations the better prepared they become to deal with them.  I also have a husband who is very street smart (and book smart) so I can usually fake my street smarts by asking him first and then going with his plan.

I'm linking up with Kendra's Answer Me This post.