--

--

---------------------

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Tis the Season to Shop.....or Not

Shopping, shopping, shopping!  This is the time of year for it.  Or is it?

As I made a Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping list, I was given a gentle reminder that all the gifts in the world don't make tiny tots happy.  See, as I was trying to decide on which tights Maria would like better and what type of gun Peter would like, plastic or wood, they had their own idea of what fun really is.  At first, their fun looked like a collection of trash bags from the bedrooms and bathrooms.  Really?  We have bins of animals, blocks, Duplos, cars, a play kitchen and I'm trying to decide what else to buy for their toy collection and they play with garbage.  


Once I took a closer look and asked, "What in the world are you doing?"  did I realize that this little game of theirs was actually quite sweet.  They were wrapping stuffed animals in plastic bags and tying them with rubberbands. These were all presents for me.  One look around and I counted 18 of these presents and they wanted me to open each and every one.  I obliged with oohs and aahs and then convinced them to help me with the clean up of all the bags, rubberbands, and stuffed animals.


Little kids don't need much.  Save your money for those big kids with big wants.  After this little escapade I tossed the Black Friday list and decided to keep Christmas VERY simple for our little ones.  Simple for them translates to simple for me.  A win-win!

HAPPY ADVENT

Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.  Desmond Tutu